• Announcements

• admin

PBS Forum Has Closed   06/12/17

The PBS Works Support Forum is no longer active.  For PBS community-oriented questions and support, please join the discussion at http://community.pbspro.org.  Any new security advisories related to commercially-licensed products will be posted in the PBS User Area (https://secure.altair.com/UserArea/). 
Sign in to follow this  
johnarchive

How to block (or synchronize) a job submssion

Hello everybody

I need some help in order to find the good arguments: my purpose is to submit a job like this : qsub < myjob, but I don't want qsub to return me the hand.

I'd like qsub to give me the hand only at the end of the process run.

This should be the equivalent of -sync for SGE, or -K for LSF.

I tried with -I and with -W interactive=true, but this doesnt seem to be the right option to use.

Thank's a lot for any suggestion;

Regards

I can't reach the cluster by now. It was an installation I was working on last week abroad. I'll try to catch the information.

The only information I've got is: it is open pbs inside torque 2.3

Hope it is a new one.. and that open pbs has the same options than pbs....

thank's a lot for all your returns.

It seems PBS version is also 2.3.

I had a look to the FAQ where you explain the differences between PBS pro and open PBS.

So, options may be different between the two products. A test has been done this morning and "-W block=T" isn't recognize.

I'm not sure the equivalent option is available inside Open PBS.

Then, the only way I see should be to encapsulate qsub and qstat, while the job isn't finished.

And I'm not sure my client will move to a pro version of PBS. I can try to ask for it...as it's important for them.

Thank's a lot for your feedback.

Yes creating a qsub wrapper is probably what you will have to do. We are now on version 10 of PBS so there are many changes that have taken place since then. PBS Professional is very affordable so I encourage you to check it out.