• Announcements

• admin

PBS Forum Has Closed   06/12/17

The PBS Works Support Forum is no longer active.  For PBS community-oriented questions and support, please join the discussion at http://community.pbspro.org.  Any new security advisories related to commercially-licensed products will be posted in the PBS User Area (https://secure.altair.com/UserArea/). 
bflynt

$PBS_HOME/mom_priv/config

On slide 189 of the training manual "Managing and Using PBS Professional" for PBS Pro 12.2 it states a MoM can be configured to kill user-owned processes when that user does not have a job running on that host through PBS.  All you have to do is add a parameter to $PBS_HOME/mom_priv/config.

This file does not exist for my new installation of PBS Pro 12.2.4.  Has the location/name of the file changed?  If I create the file new will it be picked up when I send the -SIGINT to the MoMs?

Thanks 

Hmm, that file should certainly exist in any default PBS Pro installation.  Please double check the value for $PBS_HOME in /etc/pbs.conf on the host on which you are looking, and also please make sure you are looking for the $PBS_HOME/mom_priv/config file on a host where the pbs_mom component was actually installed (that is, not on a host where you installed the "commands only" choice from the INSTALL script).

If you still cannot find it, please contact pbssupport@altair.com and we'll check some things out with you.

Thanks.

-Scott

I assume that you have reviewed the /etc/pbs.conf file as Scott mentioned above?

Another assumption.. I assume you are using SMC on the ICE system?

If this is true, I would have expected that you ran the INSTALL script in the chroot ice image. The contents of PBS_HOME are not created until the pbs init script is executed. When the init script executes, it will check to see if PBS_HOME has been created. If not, then the init script call pbs_habitat and sets up the directory, which includes populating PBS_HOME/mom_priv/config.

Can you confirm that pbs_mom was started on the node?