• Announcements

• admin

PBS Forum Has Closed   06/12/17

The PBS Works Support Forum is no longer active.  For PBS community-oriented questions and support, please join the discussion at http://community.pbspro.org.  Any new security advisories related to commercially-licensed products will be posted in the PBS User Area (https://secure.altair.com/UserArea/). 
Sign in to follow this  

installation error (x86_64)

this is the error message i receive when i configure OpenPBS (OpenPBS_2_3_16) with the following parameters

./configure --set-default-server=localhost.localdomain --with-scp --set-server-home=/usr/local/spool/pbs --disable-gui

creating cache ./config.cache

checking host system type... Invalid configuration `x86_64-pc-linux-gnuoldld': machine `x86_64-pc' not recognized

Invalid configuration `x86_64-pc-linux': machine `x86_64-pc' not recognized

configure: error: config.sub failed on x86_64-pc-linux

this is the output of the uname -a command

Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.18-8.el5 #1 SMP Fri Jan 26 14:15:14 EST 2007 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Please tell me how can i overcome this.

Thanks in advance

Try locating config.sub on your system (for example in /usr/lib/rpm) and replace the config.sub in the OpenPBS/buildutils directory with this.

Try locating config.sub on your system (for example in /usr/lib/rpm) and replace the config.sub in the OpenPBS/buildutils directory with this.

Thanks for the reply..

u mentioned that i need to replace OpenPBS/buildutils/config.sub, but i'm unable to locate any attachments or any code.

could you please repost it.

thanks.

Sorry about the lack of clarity of my earlier reply. I have not posted any code or attachment. What I meant is this:

Look for a config.sub somewhere else in your system other than the one in the OpenPBS/buildutils directory. You may use the "locate" command to search. For example, I found one in /usr/lib/rpm on my system. Copy the file that you find outside OpenPBS to the buildutils directory of OpenPBS.

Hope that helps.