• Announcements

• admin

PBS Forum Has Closed   06/12/17

The PBS Works Support Forum is no longer active.  For PBS community-oriented questions and support, please join the discussion at http://community.pbspro.org.  Any new security advisories related to commercially-licensed products will be posted in the PBS User Area (https://secure.altair.com/UserArea/). 
syegin

"Failed to add server" error in HWE Compute Manager

Hi support team,

In order to understand how a HPC system works, we started to build a test system with HP Z420 workstations. We've successfully installed Altair License Manager and PBS Pro on head node using the 30-day trial license.

Finally we've installed the HWE Compute Manager and there wasn't any problem at installation. I can login to Compute Manager portal but when I try to add server, it fails. It promts "Failed to add server".

I filled the spaces like:

Server Name: <hostname of head node>

Host             : <hostname of head node> (static IP address of head node is stated in /etc/hosts file.)

Username    : <root>

Password     : <root password>

PBS server and licensing server works fine. What can be the problem? Should port number is given manually? If it is, which port number should it be? Also as we have private network between nodes, the firewall is disabled.

I am trying to set up pbs desktop but the same problem happens. Desktop cannot connect to server. I have installed pas and pbs prof., and license sever work correctly. Looking for help.

Pan, which version of PAS (PBS Application Services) do you have installed? If you are using a newer version of PAS, your desktop client will need to specify a port number.

host: <hostname>:17084

You should be able to verify the PAS port by looking at the pas.conf file on the PAS server.. look for PAS_PORT=

Pan, which version of PAS (PBS Application Services) do you have installed? If you are using a newer version of PAS, your desktop client will need to specify a port number.

You should be able to verify the PAS port by looking at the pas.conf file on the PAS server.. look for PAS_PORT=

you mean set the port when register server at pbsdesktop GUI?

After i added the port number,  It works. thanks for your help.

After i added the port number,  It works. thanks for your help.

Have you installed and configured the PBS Application Service? I am asking because you had not mentioned that.

Actually We didn't know that PBS Application Service is required for Compute Manager & PBS Desktop. We've just installed the PBS Application Service and now Compute Manager works fine. Thanks for your assistance Scott.

Best regards,

-Sercan